MP Olivia Chow and Thousands of Trinity-Spadina Residents Discussed Local and Federal Issues
March 14, 2012
TORONTO – Picking up the phone was all that it took for the downtown riding residents to speak to their MP Olivia Chow and to make their voices heard. The Member for Trinity-Spadina conducted a telephone town hall and discussed Harper’s failed policies and the New Democrats’ proposals to move Canada forward.
The telephone town hall provided a unique and interactive opportunity for Toronto residents to talk to the NDP Transport Critic and to discuss what issues are close to their hearts. In addition to constituents’ questions, Olivia discussed the following issues:
Is Canada Heading in the Wrong Direction under Harper?
Stephen Harper is spending billions of dollars on failed fighter jets and costly prisons, and is considering making cuts to OAS and public services. These decisions are leaving Canadian families out in the cold, while joblessness increases, living costs are rising and retirement security is not guaranteed.
What Issues Should Olivia Chow Make Her Top Priority in Ottawa?
- get Canadians back to work and fight for job creation
- stand up for Canadians by improving health care and stopping cutbacks
- push hard to clean up Ottawa and make it more accountable
- with the budget looming, she should fight to protect the Public Service and the services your family relies on, like Employment Insurance and Old Age Security
- protect our privacy and fight against Harper’s internet spying bill
What’s Your Take on Transit and Do You Support Olivia’s Fight for a National Public Transit Strategy?
Are you tired of traffic gridlock and packed streetcars, buses and subways? Do you support Olivia Chow’s National Public Transit Strategy so we can finally get fast, accessible and reliable public transit services that people in Toronto and across Canada deserve?